Business LightingBusiness Lighting Program
As another component of the Take Control & Save Energy Efficiency program, CEC will work with commercial, industrial and agriculture business cooperative members to investigate possible rebates for high efficiency lighting upgrades in existing facilities.
Often members have a mixture of existing lighting systems that have high potential for energy efficient lighting replacements. By installing new high-efficiency lighting, members can lower their operating and maintenance costs, reduce cooling loads and enhance lighting levels. Rebates are no longer avaiable for new construction projects.
Eligible lighting equipment includes:
- Fluorescent T-5 and T-8 lighting systems with electronic ballasts
- Metal halide and high pressure sodium fixtures
- 2-piece compact fluorescent bulbs and fixtures
- LED exit signs
- Other technologies
Rebates will be calculated based on cost and improvement measures.
- Applicants must be a CEC member in good standing.
- Only applicants that have greater than 10 bulbs or fixtures qualify.
- Members interested should contact the Cooperative to discuss the program and obtain the lighting rebate application.
- Before and after walk-through audits may be required.
- Members and/or their selected lighting vendor will complete the application.
- Vendors installing new lighting will be responsible for appropriate disposal of replaced fixtures/bulbs.
*Additional requirements may be addressed when the member contacts the Cooperative at 573-581-3630.