Dates to Note - 1st, 10th and 20th - every month
All electric bills are due on the 1st of each month. Payments not received or postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before the 10th will be assigned a 5% forfeited discount penalty. If payment is not received by the 20th of the current month, service will be subject to disconnection and additional charges. We cannot be responsible for delays in the Postal Service.
In the event of disconnection for non-payment, all charges must be paid before the meter will be reconnected. NO reconnections will be made after 4:30 p.m. on regular business days, on weekends or holidays. Failure to receive a billing statement does not relieve responsibility of the member to make their payment. Members are always encouraged to call 573-581-3630 to inquire about their bill.
We offer a variety of payment options so members can choose the one that best meets their need.
Monthly payments can be processed using debit or credit card, cash, check or money order.
ACH - Automatic Clearinghouse
Sign up to have your monthly payment automatically withdrawn from the bank account of your choice. Members signing up for ACH their first time will receive a $10 bill credit on their account.
Monthly payments will be debited from your account between the 6th and 9th every month.
SmartHub Online & Mobile Options
- Rely on our secure payment gateway to make your payment confidently.
- Use the quick access Pay My Bill tab at the top of this page.
- Set up a user account using our SmartHub software by clicking on the logo to the right.
- Control when and how your bill is paid.
- Pay by credit or debit card over a secure internet connection.
- Set up automatic, recurring credit card monthly payments to be withdrawn on the 1st business day of each month.
- View your bill and energy history online.
- View and pay multiple account balances in one easy place.
- Elect to stop receiving a paper statement in the mail if you prefer.
Mobile users are encouraged to download the FREE app from their APP Store. Search for Consolidated Electric Cooperative of Mexico, MO as the Service Provider to begin making secure and convenient payments when you are on the go.
Payments Over The Phone - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
Call our office, 573-581-3630, and ask for a Member Service Representative to assist you in making a secure credit or debit card payment over the phone.
Office Payments - 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday
- Mail your check or money order payment to the Cooperative office. Remember, in order to avoid having a 5% forfeited discount charged to your account, mailed payments must be postmarked by the U.S. Postal Service on or before the 10th of the month.
- You are always welcome to pay in person in the office or through the Cooperative drive-up window during regular business hours.
- A secure night deposit box is available at the Cooperative drive-up window 24 hours a day, seven days a week for you to leave a payment.
Mexico, MO 65265
The Pay Now system is a component of the SmartHub online account access and payment portal. Unlike SmartHub, Pay Now does NOT require a user account to be setup for use. You don't even need an email address to take advantage of the Pay Now option. Simply click on the Pay Now logo and enter the account number from your bill and your last name or business name. This secure payment option does not retain your payment information for future use. You will be asked to enter it each time you utilize the system.
Secure Pay is another FREE payment option for members to use at their convenience. It is a secure automated phone system where members may use Visa, MasterCard or Discover debit or credit cards to make protected payments 24/7. Call 573-581-3630 and select option 2, or call directly to 833-699-1831. To make a payment using Secure Pay, you will need your account number. It is printed on your monthly bill. You will follow a series of prompts to complete your payment without assistance.