Business Lighting Program
As another component of the Take Control & Save Energy Efficiency program, CEC will work with schools, commercial, industrial and agriculture business cooperative members to investigate possible rebates for high efficiency lighting upgrades in existing facilities.
Often members have a mixture of existing lighting systems that have high potential for energy efficient lighting replacements. By installing new high-efficiency lighting, members can lower their operating and maintenance costs, reduce cooling loads and enhance lighting levels.
Effective April 1, 2019: Rebates are no longer available for new construction projects.
Eligible lighting equipment includes:
- Fluorescent T-5 and T-8 lighting systems with electronic ballasts
- Metal halide and high pressure sodium fixtures
- 2-piece compact fluorescent bulbs and fixtures
- LED exit signs
- Other technologies may qualify
- Applicants must be a CEC member in good standing.
- Only applicants that have 10 or more bulbs or fixtures qualify.
- Members interested should contact the Cooperative to discuss the program and obtain more rebate details.
- Before and after walk-through audits may be required.
- Members and/or their selected lighting vendor will need to complete the application.
- Vendors installing new lighting will be responsible for appropriate disposal of replaced fixtures and bulbs.
- Rebates will be calculated based on cost and improvement measures.
*Additional requirements may be addressed when the member contacts the Cooperative at 573-581-3630.